Forum Title: Replace broken glass in fixed/flat skylight
Hello all.. new to forum.....I have a skylight with the top pane of saftey glass broken... Advise so far has been to replace whole unit ( not what home owner wants ) and to replace the glass.....If we just replace the broken outer glass do we develope condensation between the two panels? I have been told that duel pane glass has a gas between them...... not sure ...seems to be a common problem solving piece for a home so looking here for some input ..... thanks so much. Paul
Category: Windows & Doors Post By: JOHN G (Dallas, TX), 01/22/2019

Wouldn't it make sense to contact a local Pella dealer or the Pella company direct, or even a local locksmith?

- Clark John (Tampa, FL), 02/03/2019

The insulating glass unit can be replaced by a glass shop that can do it right. You don't want to end-up with a leaking skylight. As XSleeper has said, it might be better to replace the entire cap but you must know the manufacturer first.

- BETTY THOMAS (San Antonio, TX), 02/17/2019

Remodeling Support & Helpful Links For Homeowners

requestaquote Get Free Quotes callnow 888-506-9527