Forum Title: Aluminum window parts
I have several picture windows. On the four sides of each window is a U shaped part that snap into the edge to cover the screw holes. I needed to remove one of these things and it wouldn't come out easy so I had to pry a little and well...I messed it up scratched it and bent it. The window is made by Traco. Here are some pictures of this part. First, what is it called? Second, is this a common part? I went to a local window parts company and they shaked their heads. I found Traco who is owned by Kawneer and sent a request to their technical support and never heard back. I called Traco directly and they took my info and said someone would call back and that was a week ago.
Category: Windows & Doors Post By: DEAN SANTOS (Lawrence, MA), 01/04/2019

I can only give you advice based on installations here in the States. Vinyl windows and doors transmit much less heat/cold than metal frames, and tend to warp less, and have a smoother operation. Coupled with LowE glass, it can make the environment feel better and have less wear on furniture and carpet from sun damage.

- ROSA CHAPMAN (Garland, TX), 02/12/2019

Homeowner Support & Resource Links

requestaquote Get Free Quotes callnow 888-506-9527